Recipe: English Scones
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup raisins*
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop a small handful of dough and form a biscuit-like shape.
- Place on cookie sheet with parchment or sill pat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- You may glaze them with 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice. Mix and spread over slightly cooled scone. *I have used Craisins, currents and chopped pecans instead of raisins and the scones are always delicious
Cooking time (duration): 15-20 mins.
Number of servings (yield): 12 scones
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: English
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.